Wild rice is another ingredient I love because it tasty and a wonderfully balanced food source, providing a healthy mix of protein, minerals and fibers.
Combined with chickpeas, raw vegetables & nuts, this salad is a great meal to boost your energy!
Wild rice has a significant amount of health benefits! It makes it one of the world’s most powerful superfoods. Below are some of the main health benefits of wild rice:
- High in Antioxidants : Wild rice can contain about 30 times more antioxidants as white rice. Antioxidants are powerful substances that prevent cell damage caused by oxidants. They protect the body from disease and help us age healthfully.
- Grain-Free : Wild rice is a seed from marsh grass generally not polished or refined. In other words, it is eaten in its maximum nutritional state.
- Reduces Inflammation : Wild rice is very alkaline forming, unlike most grains which are acid-forming. This gives it a special anti-inflammatory feature, which contributes to overall health.
- Facilitates Digestion : Wild rice is easy to digest and it also enhances digestion. It’s rich in magnesium, which contributes to regularity and a healthy nervous system (which is largely located in the digestive tract.) It’s also higher in fiber than brown and black rice, but not too high where it causes discomfort.
- Boosts Energy : Wild rice, as a superfood, prevents fatigue by giving the body the nutrients (especially magnesium) it needs to run efficiently.
- Strengthens the Immune System : Wild rice contains vitamins A, C, and E, which are essential to our immune system to work properly. Among others, they stimulate white blood cell production which is the body’s first line of defense against foreign pathogens.